Custom Search

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Walk to Remember...

I greeted today relaxed and pleasantly enjoyable. I opened my eyes to find my wife laying next to me and starting to squirm at the days first ray fo light beeming in through the window. I miss her right now...We got up and got going and fought over something stupid today. I was telling her that I talked to my best friend last night, from Indiana, and mentioned a few of the things we talked about.

She said she hoped that I told him that she was a good wife too and I was like, what? She knows I love her and that I think she is wonderful. She knows that my buddy and his wife think she's great too. Being married is sure different than being single. I like it better but you just never know when what appears to be someone else's insecurity just may be your own.

One of us was about to leave and we stopped short and made amends. An hour or so later we went for a walk out in the woods. The day was so nice: blue sky, lots of sun, and the beloved woods. The out of doors has brought me so much peace in the past and today it was time to reclaim some of that. So we set out innocently enough and came to a small river. It was big enough that we had to stop and figure out how we were going to get across.

Well, I made it dry enough. She saw me standing there and asked me what my problem was and leaped where I had already looked. In she went. I laughed so hard. We finally got across and went for the treck of our lives. Well, what what small lives we live in the suburbs with Detroit being three miles east of us. We got pretty lost but we found our way out after about an hour or so of being in there altogether.

She was mad that all the stuff I did up until then could have been done without her. She wanted some attention. I needed to get lost before I could have the space enough to give it to her. I don't think either one of us understood that until we were out there. We stopped and just hugged in the middle of the woods and just held each other. We made our way back and we were starving so I made us a mess of eggs and toast. I need her. I miss her.

No comments: