Custom Search

Monday, November 3, 2008

So Begins Another Day

So begins another day and I do not want to write this
I awoke beside my angel and quickly spurned her kiss
I hate my life and sincerely want it changed
To take away the guilt I feel that’s left me feeling strange
I need there be the intimate well within my soul
Something greater, but none in store helping me be whole.

What lies become the fallen man that I have overcome?
Subject to this race of guilt and now I’ve come undone
So too little much too late you’re here and I’m a mess
Battered by these winds and waves and breaking of their crest
What have I to offer up in goodness and in health?
Eternal quality life thereof has left in me a welt.

Give to Caesar what is his and God will take the rest
We didn’t ask to be brought in to the world that he knows best
The Stream of Life has swelled to rage and overtakes me now
Crawl into a cave of silence please just dry me out.
Pen in hand to make a list of things I hope will save
In hopes that I will not be found to be a babbling nave.


No comments: