Custom Search

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Consistent Viscosity...Ballad of The White Horse

I blame myself and rightly so or at least I should
When face to face with my consistent lack of good
The day has frittered to upon all the things I would
But all along I will be judged by where these days I stood

My life holds true viscosity to where I eb and flow
These moments I do realize when I am alone
The test of faith where I am proved allow myself to grow
Or bury head ignoring all that I have come to know

I pray for sun when comes the rain heaping up a fear
And then for rain when it's too hot or just for someone near
Consistent ignorance viscosity when I refuse to hear
A silent calm lack thereof flows from one so dear





Ballad of the White Horse

Where Ind's enamelled peaks arise
Around that inmost one
Where ancient eagles on it's brink
Vast as archangels, gather and drink
The sacrament of the sun

And men brake out of the northern lands
Enormous lands alone
Where a spell is laid upon life and lust
And the rain is changed to a silver dust
And the sea to a great green stone

And a Shape that moveth murkily
In mirrors of ice and night
Hath blanched with fear all the beasts and birds
As death and a shock of evil words
Blast a man's hair with white

And the cry of the palms and the purple moons
Or the cry of the frost and foam
Swept ever round an inmost place
And the din of distant race on race
Cried and replied round Rome

And there was death on the Emperor
And night upon the Pope
And Alfred hiding in deep grass
Hardened his heart with hope...

No comments: